Each year my office recognizes the remarkable contributions of women and girls who live in London West and have demonstrated exceptional leadership to improve the lives of others.
There are two separate categories: Leading Girls awards are for nominees 17 years of age or younger; Leading Women awards are for nominees 18 years of age or older. To be eligible, women or girls must reside within the boundaries of the London West riding, and must not have received the award in the past. The award recognizes women and girls for:
- Breaking down barriers and encouraging women and girls to get involved in non-traditional careers
- Championing or actively promoting issues such as equality, diversity, healthy equal relationships
- Preventing violence against women and girls
- Reducing racism and discrimination
- Encouraging girls to participate in any part of public service
- Acting as a positive role model by mentoring, coaching, leading events or organizations
- Providing a positive example to women and girls in their communities
Nominations require two letters of support, which could be from a teacher or principal, community leader, mentor, employer, or others who have volunteered with the nominee.
Read more about these inspiring Leading Women Leading Girls:
2022 London West Leading Women Leading Girls
2021 London West Leading Women Leading Girls
2019 London West Leading Women Leading Girls
2018 London West Leading Women Leading Girls
2017 London West Leading Women Leading Girls