Join me to celebrate outstanding women and girls in London West!
This energizing and uplifting evening brings Londoners together to honour the contributions of women and girls who are making a difference for the people around them.
The awards recognize women-identified Londoners who demonstrate exceptional leadership in working to improve the lives of others, and have made substantial contributions through volunteer work.
After a long couple of years with many virtual get-togethers, I am looking forward to celebrating in person once again. As a precaution, we will limit attendance to allow physical distancing and the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place:
- to attend, participants must RSVP to the event online for contact tracin
- we require all participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- participants will be asked to wear masks during the event, with masks and hand sanitizer available if needed
- if you are feeling unwell, have symptoms of COVID-19, and/or have been asked by the health unit to isolate, please do not attend!
If necessary, based on local COVID numbers, the event may shift to an online format. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice as possible.
In the spirit of helping our community, we will be collecting donations for the local food bank at the event, so please consider bringing canned goods or other non-perishable items.
Nominations are Open!
Nominations will be accepted until April 4, 2022. Please go to peggysattler.ca/lwlg to find more information about eligibility and how to nominate someone you know.
The Byron Legion is an accessible facility.
It can be reached by public transit via
- LTC Route #5 Byron - Downtown
- LTC Route #17 Argyle Mall - Byron/Riverbend.
There is limited free parking at the legion.
1276 Commissioners Rd W
London, ON N6K1E1
Google map and directions