*** Please note that the province will cover the cost of COVID-19 services for uninsured people who do not meet the criteria for OHIP coverage. ***
The Middlesex-London Health Unit and its partners recommend the following:
If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19, the Middlesex-London Health Unit recommends that you self-isolate and then do one of the following to determine next steps:
- Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment for Middlesex and London
- Contact your health care provider.
If you do not have a primary care provider, or if their office is not operating, you can call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 for a telephone assessment
- Visit a COVID-19 Assessment Centre in London
Get Tested for COVID-19
Testing is available at all COVID-19 Assessment Centres for anyone, especially if:
- you have at least one symptom of COVID-19, even mild symptom(s)
- you're asymptomatic but concerned you may have been exposed to COVID-19
- you're asymptomatic but at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through your employment
Anyone with severe respiratory illness, or a medical emergency should go to the hospital or call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms and any travel history.
Signs of severe respiratory illness include:
- Shortness of breath/unable to catch your breath
- Severe fever that does not come down with Tylenol/acetaminophen
- Energy so low that you are physically unable to get out of bed or barely able and must rest again immediately
London's COVID-19 Assessment Centres
Assessment Centres are out-of-hospital clinics where people can be seen by a healthcare provider for COVID-19 related concerns, rather than have them visit an Emergency Department, Urgent Care Centre or their family doctor’s office.
- Oakridge Arena
825 Valetta Street, London, ON
Monday to Friday
9AM to 5PM
- Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre
656 Elizabeth St, London, ON
Every day (Monday to Sunday)
11AM to 7PM
There will be no medication or treatment onsite at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre.